Sunday 24 May 2020

Lockdown Over!

After not checking the previous day, it suddenly occurred to me that I would soon lose any further opportunity to film them. Grabbing the camera, I wandered over to the trough, and was relieved to find the chicks still huddled in the nest. It has become quite an annoyance that since the first time I tried filming them, I haven't been able to get any decent footage. The torch fell off or the zoom was to high or the camera wasn't well framed or the focus was out.... if at first you succeed - never try again.

Maybe this time i'll get it right. maybe this time I'll record something worthwhile.




The camera records for ten minutes, and then shuts off, so after a while, I went back to turn the camera back on. And they were gone. Well - not all of them. The last one was huddled up to the camera, finding some comfort in the glove that I'd used to sit it on for stability. I picked him up and allowed him to scuttle off into the nearby hedge where the rest of the family was shouting encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting on Ely10 Birding.