Sunday 7 March 2021

wood working be easy fam


With the guttering and facure boards getting a massive overhaul, the Starlings were going to feel pretty aggrieved at their nestholes suddenly disappearing. So I figured the best thing to do would be to rescue some of the old wood and see if I could cobble together some sort of container - a box, if you will - that could stand in as a suitable replacement area in which they could build a new nest. This rugged "nesting box", as I shall call it, didn't take much effort to bang together, but I must admit, the task of affixing it to the wall, at a considerable height, was one that I didn't particularly relish. Fortunately I have a man to do things up ladders. I managed to pry him away from his other duties and sent him up, drill in hand, to complete the task. Like some sort of arboreal legend, he was done in a matter of seconds. Good work Stu.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting on Ely10 Birding.