Friday 18 September 2020

MothErf


 With the Summer nearing an end, there is time to set up the moth trap to see what's still flying in the lengthening night. My previous forays into this moreish pastime yielded nothing much of interest - but at last I managed a catch of epic proportions. Here's a list of what I found lurking under the egg-boxes in the dewy morning........

Pungent Right Angle
Deflater
Migrant Savage
Crimson Tide
June Emanation
Blatant Dangler
Extremist
Ruddy Hole
Mrs Artichoke's Bosum
The Strangler
Early Doors
Ingrown
Doosra
Scarce Doosra
Pale Shitstorm
Shiny Melons
Coin Purse
Blunt Finger
Marxist Dialectic
Shady Merchant
Autumn Racist

not to mention a Greater Hedge Sedge, a Lesser Sedge Midge and three French Crickets.

What an unbelievable haul.

1 comment:

  1. I think I've seen Crimson Tide and Scarce Doosra, and I'm sure there were a couple of Autumn Racists at Holkham yesterday. I can only imagine your excitement at finding the Shiny Melons though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting on Ely10 Birding.