Thursday 27 August 2020

Spiderman



Definitely back in the Ely10 now - a male Marsh Harrier drifted over the garden this morning and a Tree Pipit called as I went through the moth trap.  Nice return.

My family came down from York for a couple of days and while walking the back field my sister called us over to see a spider - I was hoping it'd be a Wasp Spider and it was, a cracking one too.  Will B had found a couple earlier in the summer but we have been looking for them locally for some years now.  Hopefully we'll see them with some frequency now.




This one caught a fly and in a matter of 30 frenetic seconds wrapped it in silk.  What a brilliant beast.

My Dad sent some of his pics too.


While I was away Simon sent some great photos of Grass Snake and Emperor Dragonfly from Wicken.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting on Ely10 Birding.