Wednesday 19 August 2020

Sennen

Early morning trips out have been really enjoyable.  Having missed it at Drift Reservoir, on my first look, the spotty Spotted Sandpiper caught up with me.  Literally demanding my attention by flying across the reservoir to pitch in 25 metres away in the mist.  The mist did clear and the characterful little sandpiper showed well.




Sennen gave me a lovely morning in the sun watching 60 or so Mediterranean Gulls at close range on the rocks.  There were 3 young birds with colour rings, 2 from a French scheme (green) and one from Dutch/Belgian scheme (white) evidence of a pretty rapid and wide dispersal of juveniles.  Imagine tackling a channel crossing when just a few months old.



A flock of 8 Chough flew over and I was quite surprised that they pitched on to a nearby roof and then dropped down into the harbour side gardens - Sennen Starlings.  Massively enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting on Ely10 Birding.