Tuesday 20 February 2018

Lesser Matters

 
A week after not seeing a great deal at Santon Downham, I returned.  The previous day I had  taken my girls to Brandon Country Park via the Goshawks where they happily watched a film while I happily watched 3 Goshawks.  Good view of a brown young bird overhead which tussled with a Sparrowhawk and Buzzard a bit later a cracking male cruised across the woodland.  These birds were up and down all morning and we certainly got our money's worth. Ben had seen the Lesser 'peckers earlier that morning and we arranged to go again next day.  They didn't disappoint and along with a ridiculously confiding Otter, several catch-ups with the Parrot Crossbills and a return visit for more Gos action al made for a memorable morning.
 
 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hadn't been home long when I was drawn swiftly from my cup of tea and stalling on starting garden chores as a drake Ring-necked Duck had been found in the Ely10 on the Washes at Chain Corner. Always great birds, it showed well, diving constantly quite away from most other Aythyas, I was on borrowed time so after half an hour returned home at the end of a very fulfilling weeks off work.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting on Ely10 Birding.